23 March 2013

Review: Scripture and the Authority of God: How to Read the Bible Today - N.T. Wright


Scripture and the Authority of God: How to Read the Bible Today
Scripture and the Authority of God: How to Read the Bible Today by N.T. Wright

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



Dummy me - had this on my shelf since it came out - forgetting what it was (an updated version of "The Last Word), and ran across a copy of "The Last Word" at the library, so I grabbed it and read it. DOH!! So, I read this book's additional chapters and therefore include my review from "The Last Word" onto this edition too.

Our modern society is in need of instruction when it comes to how to handle God's Word, and this book is a great foundational look at the topic. What does it mean when someone says the authority of Scripture? What did the Reformers mean when they spoke of taking Scripture literal? As are most of his smaller writings (at least the ones I have ready so far), Wright is not overly scholarly, but speaks on a level that anyone can grasp his points. All in all, a great resource on the importance of Scripture, and how we should use it for change.


View all my reviews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think out loud with me, and voice your position in a clean, charitable and well mannered way. Abusive posts will be deleted.